Interview: Matthew and the Arrogant Sea
1) What's the biggest problem as an artist you've had to overcome so far?
As a young man I aspired to accomplish far too much at once. In that process I know I both hurt and disappointed many. I wish I could take that back, while at the same time I am grateful for the opportunity the universe gave me to grow. I only hope to be a better man and artist with each passing moment, until the Universe calls me home.
2) What do you feel is the key to your unique sound? Thank you for your kind words. The key for this group, is less about our sound and more about our mentality. We’re grateful for you ears, but we’re here because we love it. 3. If you could change anything about the industry, what would it be?'
I wouldn’t.. Allow me to inspire? (Just be weird, man. ) 4) What is the weirdest or funniest question you've ever been asked in an interview? Once upon a time, a young writer once argued me in an interview that it was impossible that we listened to SLAYER on the road. Yeah...I hung up. 5) Who is your favorite artist you’ve worked with?
That’s hard! Clem Snide, Mount Eerie and Leon Bridges are pretty high on the list though..
6) Tell us a little more about your recent project, “Nosebleeders”?
Nosebleeders is a film about an otherworldly experience I encountered as a young musician. The ever so brilliant writer/director Cole Mitchek and I adapted the idea into a film. We’re very exited to share. #2020
7) What should we be looking forward to from you in the future?
A new EP before the years end, as well as a new record which will be released with the Nosebleeders film.
8) is there anything else you would like to tell our readers?
Keep your eyes peeled to MakeAmericaWeirdAgain.com for all the deets! https://open.spotify.com/artist/6md5awM3LGuP8VM04YqM2n?si=exxIzGWSSIS07BJAqzYWVg