Interview With Michael Fuqua
1) When did you realize that you had a passion for music? As a young kid my only escape from life was listening to music. Transitioning into a world of chaos without any outlet to free my mind made me realize the importance in finding that. Poetry and Lyrics was the answer for me, luckily. When I lost my passion to follow in others footsteps it gave me the confidence to find that same passion in myself in order pave a lane for Leaders just like me. So overall that passion has always been in my heart, but it went from a second-hand passion to a first-hand passion when I learned to make art out of it.
2) Who are your main inspirations as an artist? Every person and artist has the spark to inspire my creative side. As times change so does my aspirations and goals relating to music. In this day and age I prefer to inspire off of my own experiences with family, friends, and society as a whole.
3) What would you like to achieve as an artist? You can never achieve enough. As an artist, and as a figure of modern culture, I want to create art that not only fuels the change in other people, but shows that there's always hope for a new beginning. There's always someone going through the same situations you deal with on a day to day basis. And I want to pursue showing the world life through my eyes and my words in order to reach those in need of that mental/moral support to keep on keeping on.
4) What is your most memorable moment while being an artist? My most memorable moment as an artist was when I received my first follower. To others it may not mean much, but to me it meant the world just to be able to share my heart and my passion with someone who truly cares. Even thinking about it now gives me goosebumps.
5) Who is the biggest artist you’ve worked with? As of today, i've only created my own music and helped my peers get on track in their life through the art. I hope to collaborate with all sorts of artists in any genre, and I'm always open for making history. If anybody would like to work with me, Popular or not, just contact me.
6) Tell us a little more about your recent project? My recent project is intended to highlight the flaws of our culture through my own interactions in life. I simply want to just give the best interpretations as I can to the ones seeking truths of life like me. You can never go wrong analyzing ones music in relation to yourself and to their train of consciousness.