Interview With Dest
We were fortunate enough to interview artist Dest.
1) When did you realise that you had a passion for music?
1. I always had a passion for music. I’ve been writing for close to 5 years but just never had a chance to record anything because of insecurities. As of the past 10 months, a few of my friends pushed me to start recording and dropping music. Honestly, if it weren’t for them, I don’t know if I would’ve released anything.
2) Who are your main inspirations as an artist?
2. My main inspiration as an artist is Drake. His versatility is unmatched this day in age of music. Some of my other inspirations are Lil Durk, Polo G, and Toosii.
3) What would you like to achieve as an artist?
3. The first thing I would like to achieve as an artist is to give back to my mom. She has gone out of her way to always make sure I had clothes on my back and food on the table. When I was really young, we were homeless sleeping in a rest area on the side of a highway. Although our circumstances have definitely changed for the better considering I’m in college now, I remember how we were once in that position. It motivates me to keep going for her.
4) What is your most memorable moment while being an artist?
4. My most memorable moment while being an artist so far has to be when this girl who I’ve never spoken to before had reached out to me on instagram and told me that she loved a song of mine and to keep making music. That’s something I won’t ever forget, especially because I haven’t established myself yet.
5) Who is the biggest artist you’ve worked with?
5. I haven’t worked with any artists as of yet. I’m definitely looking forward to it though. I want to make all kinds of music so I’m open to any sort of collaborations.
6) Tell us a little more about your recent project?
6. My latest single Changed Up was about me spilling out emotions of relationships I’ve been in. I feel as though when it comes to things like that it’s relateable because everyone goes through heartbreaks so I just decided to put those feelings into a song and Changed Up was the outcome.
7) What should we be looking forward to from you in the future?
7. There’s a lot to look forward to from me. I plan on releasing an EP very very soon. About 5-6 songs that tell a story all the way through and give people a better understanding about who I am and why I do this.
8) Is there anything else you would like to tell our readers?
8. I just want everyone to know that no matter what you want to do in this life, chase it. Don’t give up because someone said you’re not good, or you should quit. You’re here for a reason, and to fullfill your dreams. Follow your heart and don’t ever give up.
Apple Music Profile- https://music.apple.com/us/album/changed-up-single/1536694698