Interview With Monty & The Kraken: 'It is the first of many but represents a lot for me'
1) When did you realise that you had a passion for music?
1. Early on, I was in the choir as a kid, was in the concert band and played in the marching band in high school while also being a basketball player. I would make beats and songs then and burn them to CDs so my friends could hear them. My name was “Monty Man” then. Musics always been a passion.
2) Who are your main inspirations as an artist?
2. I grew up listening to oldies. As early as I can remember my dad would play oldies around the house so most of my music has a classic sound. But I listen to everything from hard Rock and soft rock to the Backstreet Boys and Kendrick Lamar. Some of my favorite artists are groups like L.T.D. , Friends Of Distinction, Coldplay, Isley Brothers, The Fray, SWV and Tame Impala. I know I’m all over the place.
3) What would you like to achieve as an artist?
3. As an artist I see myself developing artists and taking their songwriting and careers to the next level. I am a songwriter and a producer at heart. I have the gift of creativity and I can literally make a song a day. I have an ear for melodies and what sounds good while also being relatable and catchy. My goal with music is to bring joy to people with good music and help artists take their craft to the next level.
4) What is your most memorable moment while being an artist?
4. The most memorable moment of being an artist so far was releasing my debut album “Release The Kraken”. It is the first of many but represents a lot for me. The most important thing is I am learning the industry and what it takes to do things right.
5) Who is the biggest artist you’ve worked with?
5. I haven’t worked with any major artists yet but I have worked with some very good ones who will be making noise very soon like “Rock” and “Handelz McGee”
6) Tell us a little more about your recent project?
6. This first project is called Release The Kraken and is symbolic of my coming out party. Letting people know the talent that I have that has been hidden. My name Monty & The Kraken is symbolic of my musical talent that I have kept to myself for a long time but also the kind of position I look to play in the music industry, which is behind the scenes. I will be a huge force under everything that is seen in the surface songwriting, managing, producing, doing A&R work and artist development. This project is a taste of what I have.
7) What should we be looking forward to from you in the future?
7. There is much more to come. Many catchy viby songs that people will really like. Good quality music that has a message.
8) Is there anything else you would like to tell our readers?
8. Stay tuned.