Interview With Retro Nicotine: 'I honestly want to be able to leave any type of impact on the music
We were fortunate enough to interview artist Retro Nicotine, with his recent release 'Dennis Rodman'
cover art created by @lexsdomain
When did you realize that you had a passion for music?
- For about 2-3 years before i started making my own music I worked with small artists in every way possible, I managed, distributed, created cover arts and shot music videos. I already had an understanding of the scene and the business aspect of it before I got into it and always had a deep love for music.
Who are your main inspirations as an artist?
- My main inspirations are for sure Poorstacy and Osquinn. Poorstacy simply because I love his style and my style is very similar to his, and Quinn because her lyricism is beautiful and helps me when it comes to being creative and looking for new approaches, lyrics wise.
What would you like to achieve as an artist?
- I honestly want to be able to leave any type of impact on the music scene, to be remembered as a part of history for my music.
What is your most memorable moment while being an artist?
- Honestly no idea off the top, but I would have to say the day I managed to get an open from BIGBABYGUCCI.
Who is the biggest artist you’ve worked with?
- BIGBABYGUCCI, At least when speaking on songs that I currently have released.
Tell us a little more about your recent project?
- Dennis Rodman is some what of a follow up to my song P.T.S.D. which recently just hit 30k streams on Spotify. Rodman keeps the same energy of P.T.S.D. with the emo pop sound but goes at it from a different approach, I personally think it's one of my best songs to date.
What should we be looking forward to from you in the future?
- Im dropping an Ep sometime next month(?) alongside a merch collab with @antiskateskateco. Im about 60% done with it so far and have features from a bunch of my close collaborators on it, shoutout the Dreamstate boys.
Is there anything else you would like to tell our readers?
Stream Dennis Rodman and follow me on instagram @retronicotine , I follow damn near everyone back as long as I like your style.
Listen to Dennis Rodman here: